Wednesday 19 December 2007

Passport To Glasgow


I collected my aunt this morning to take her to Belfast City Airport for a flight with Ryanair to Prestwick Airport. It was a fine winter's day and we drove there quickly. So we said our goodbyes and I drove off for Marks & Spencer.

When I got home about half an hour later, the phone rang and it was my aunt to drop a bombshell: she had been refused at check-in because she did not have her passport or eligible identification. Airlines are so rigorous nowadays about this, what with tough security measures etc. So I drove back to the airport and brought her home. Fortunately enough, she was able to obtain a flight that afternoon with Flybe, the Ryanair offering being the next day. Prior to this, I managed to get to David Lloyd's for fifty lengths of the pool, a steam up and a jacuzzi.

You really cannot be too careful these days, especially when flying.

No comments :