Thursday 21 January 2010

Reject the Kraft Bid


The trouble with public limited companies is that so many - or the majority - of the shares belong to huge pension funds and others of that ilk. Private individuals often exert tenuous influence.

The Cadbury family, whose faith was founded on the Quaker religion, is firmly against the takeover of their old company by the American conglomerate, Kraft Foods.

So am I.

Janie Cadbury, the widow of Peter "the Cad" Cadbury, has instructed Coutt's, her bankers, to reject the offer on her behalf, saying, "it has got nothing to do with money. I simply could not vote for an American company to takeover Cadbury, no matter the price."

Cadbury's hold a royal warrant.

I simply wish Cadbury's to remain British; pure and simple.

2 comments :

Peregrine's Bird Blog said...

I am afraid it does not bother me either way. Don't forget that great American Company Smith & Wesson is British owned.
I think it's a case of swings and roundabouts some of our great companies are owned by them some of theirs are owned by us.

Timothy Belmont said...

Observe the fate of the once-great British motor industry!