Thursday 30 August 2012

Hamilton Pumphouse


I was in Belfast city centre today, undertaking research on the Hayes, Style and Musgrave baronets.

These gentry were all major landowners in County Donegal during the Victorian era.

I've been in touch with the company BTW Shiells about Queen's Arcade in Belfast. They run it. I'm keen to write about the arcade's history since it opened in 1910. I was tempted to pop in to their GHQ in May Street, though resisted the urge.

At Sawers, College Street, two pretty girls dressed in period attire were offering samples of special cheese and white wine to patrons; so, never one to be behind in the race to the food trough, young Belmont made a bee-line for 'em and flirted a little, into the bargain.

One of them informed me that the Lord Mayor had visited the new premises earlier.

The restoration of SS Nomadic and the Hamilton dock is progressing well. I took a photograph (top) of what presumably is the pump-house beside the dock.

2 comments :

The Earl Bishop said...

http://fredrickhervey4thearlofbristol.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/baronscourt-parish-church.html

Baronscourt Church, if there is anything of use, please feel free to take it.

Regards

+ Frederick Derry.

Timothy Belmont said...

Many thanks. I'll have a look at it.

Tim